Apply To Become A Beneficiary
Founded in 1987, the Harvest Ball Society (HBS) has become the largest, not-for-profit organization devoted exclusively to raising funds for charities in the Northland. Since its inception 30 years ago, the Harvest Ball Society has distributed over 7 million dollars to many different deserving agencies. The Harvest Ball Society is focused on the most prevalent needs of the Northland. Grant applicants should address at least one of the following criteria with their program or project: hunger; basic needs such as shelter or clothing; access to healthcare including mental health and senior citizen needs. The 2015 Northland Community Needs & Health Assessment and Vision North 2010-2015 needs assessment serve as the foundation for establishing the above categories of priority needs in the Northland.
April 30, 2017, 5:00 p.m. CST
Who May Apply:
Tax exempt 501(c)(3) or 509(a)(1) organizations serving Clay or Platte Counties.
Restrictions - Harvest Ball Society will NOT fund:
· Individual needs
· Capital campaign requests
· Any multi-year funding commitment
· Private foundations
· Organizations that restrict choices or limit options
· Political parties, candidates, issues or political activities
· Bricks and mortar
· Programs primarily established for evangelical purposes
· Programs of religion or ethnicity that provide services to anyone regardless of race, religion or ethnicity will be considered for funding.
Grant Application Timeline:
· March 1, 2017: Applications available online.
· April 30, 2017: Application must be completed online and submitted by 5 p.m. CST on this date. If you cannot meet the deadline you are invited to apply next year.
· June 15, 2017: The 2017 grant recipients will be selected and notified. The grant amount will be determined at the conclusion of all fundraising activities.
· If selected to receive funding, HBS is requesting a date for a site visit (no more than one hour for 10-12 HBS members) where you will share more about your organization. HBS wants to better identify with those organizations it serves, and to be able to help tell your story to the community.
· January 2018; Grants will be awarded at the Benefactors & Grant Recipient Reception of the Harvest Ball Society, which will be held Thursday, January 18, 2018 at the Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa.